Conditions and Treatments
Who Can Benefit from OMT?
Osteopathic manipulative treatment (OMT) can help people of all ages and backgrounds. The treatment can be used to ease pain, promote healing, and increased overall mobility. OMT is often used to treat muscle pain and can also help patients with a number of other health issues.
When appropriate, OMT can complement, and even replace, drugs or surgery. In this way, OMT brings an important dimension to standard medical care. Dr. Wong commonly treats the following conditions:
- Plagiocephaly and torticollis in infants
- Colic and irritability in infants
- Chronic ear infections and sinus disorders
- Migraines and muscular headaches
- Temporomandibular dysfunction (TMJ)
- Neck, upper and lower back pain
- Arm radiculopathy and leg sciatica pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, and feet tendonitis/bursitis/pain
- Motor vehicle, work, and sports injuries/accidents
- Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Pregnancy-related and menstrual pain